Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 880606
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
*** A COMPLETED VA FORM 10-2850c MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED - FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN LOST CONSIDERATION.
1. Functional Statement Number: 000000.
2. Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
3. Relocation Expenses Are NOT Authorized for this position.
4. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11 The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-09 to GS-11. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
5. Position Information:
a. Non-certified Blind Rehabilitation Specialists may be given a Temporary Appointment not-to-exceed (NTE) two (2) years. It can be converted to a Full-Time Excepted Permanent appointment after obtaining a recognized certification within two (2) years of Temporary appointment
6. Telework is not eligible for this position.
The successful candidate serves as a Blind Rehabilitation Specialist (Instructor) in the Computer Access Training Section of the Blind Rehabilitation Service at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). Assesses the patients aptitude, motivation and potential for success with the application or computerized aid. Incumbent prepares, selects, adapts, modifies and organizes training materials and specialized or supplemental aids in accordance with the patients capabilities. Incumbent instructs the patient in the use of computerized equipment. Adjusts the daily work plan in accordance with the patients progress. Incumbent counsels and assists the patient in order to improve their performance. Incumbent completes all documentation including patient progress notes and final summaries and justifications for issuance of equipment. The successful candidate is responsible for the development and maintenance of the instructional program including developing new and/or revising course material.