Job Title:Clinical Nurse/Nurse Specialist
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number:IHS-13-PX-879911-DHA
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$55,413.00 to $82,131.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, April 22, 2013 to Sunday, June 30, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types|
|Few vacancies in the following location(s):|
Phoenix, AZ United StatesView Map
Peach Springs, AZ United StatesView Map
San Xavier, AZ United StatesView Map
Parker, AZ United StatesView Map
Yuma, AZ United StatesView Map
More Locations (14)
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All groups of qualified individuals|
INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING PHYSICIANS
Title 38 Salary and Hiring Incentives Available and Federal Benefits Package
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of Indigenous Americans! At IHS you can make a difference in the lives of Native Americans and Alaska Natives around the Country.
These vacancies are being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's delegated Direct Hire Authority. The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual, Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to these vacancies.
This is an Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) and allows acceptance of applications quarterly with eligible applicants referred for consideration. Candidates with a complete application will be considered for vacancies that match the desired geographic locations, specialties, and/or job preferences. Positions may be filled at ANY of the grade levels indicated in this announcement, with or without promotion potential as vacancies occur.
Period of Eligibility: Applications will remain eligible for three (3) months from the time the application is received.
Who May Be Considered: US Citizens, current and former Competitive Service Federal employees, Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, and eligible Indian Preference candidates.
Organizational Location: Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Southwest Region, Phoenix Area Indian Health Service and Tucson Area Indian Health Service.
- Bylas Health Center, Bylas
- Cibecue Health Center, Cibecue
- Colorado River Service Unit, Parker
- Desert Visions Regional Treatment Center, Sacaton
- Fort Yuma Health Center, Yuma
- Hopi Health Care Center, Polacca
- Peach Springs Health Center, Peach Springs
- Phoenix Indian Medical Center, Phoenix
- San Carlos Service Unit, San Carlos
- San Simon Health Center, San Simon Village
- San Xavier Health Center, San Xavier
- Santa Rosa Health Center, Tucson
- Sells Service Unit/Sells Indian Hospital, Sells
- Whiteriver Service Unit, Whiteriver
- Elko Service Unit, Elko
- Fort McDermitt Health Center, McDermitt
- Nevada Skies Regional Treatment Center, Wadsworth
- Schurz Service Unit, Schurz
- Uintah & Ouray Service Unit, Fort Duchesne
Future Appointments: May be Permanent, Temporary, or Term with a tour of duty of Full-Time, Part-Time or Intermittent. The Agency has the option of extending Term Appointments for up to a maximum of four years.
Salary Range: $55,413 - $82,131
GS-09 - $55,413 - $67,878
GS-10 - $57,979 - $71,713
GS-11 - $67,047 - $82,131
Recruitment Incentives: Incentives may include a recruitment or relocation incentive up to 25% (subject to eligibility and approval).
Promotion Potential: GS-11, will vary by location.
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
Relocation Expenses Paid: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid if you are a current Federal Employee. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Is government housing available?: Availability varies by location.
- Position subject to background investigation.
- As part of the pre-employment process, fingerprint checks are required.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- Must be a US Citizen to apply.
- Copy of current license required during the hiring process