Job Title:Assistant Federal Security Director - Inspection - SV-1801-K
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:LIT-13-606867
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, April 22, 2013 to
Wednesday, May 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Little Rock, AR, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 14.16%.
This position is located at Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT) in Little Rock, AR.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must pass Drug and Alcohol Screening, subject to random drug tests.
- You must successfully complete a training course.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- See additional "Conditions of Employment" in "Other Information" section
DUTIES:Back to top
If you are selected for this position, you will serve as an Assistant Federal Security Director - Inspection (AFSD - Inspection) for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As an AFSD - Inspection, you will serve as the principal advisor to the Federal Security Director (FSD) on all matters concerning enforcement and compliance with aviation security directives pertaining to transportation security. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, planning, coordinating and managing an inspection program for compliance by regulated parties, tenants and business interests with transportation security policies and requirements.
- Identifying and responding to security incidents, threats, violations or potential violations. Responding to transportation security incidents and other incidents as defined by the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) or as directed by the FSD. Responding expeditiously on foot, or in a designated vehicle, for incident response to provide command and control presence and technical expertise.
- Overseeing and conducting assessments and investigations of transportation modes to determine security posture; monitoring compliance with applicable transportation security policies, regulations and agreements. Providing technical guidance to transportation stakeholders on the development and modification of security plans to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Determining when enforcement action should be initiated and recommending the type of action and level of penalty. Reviewing and analyzing assessment reports and testing results with special attention given to identifying trends which appear to have potential for developing a security problem.
- Gathering, receiving and disseminating transportation security intelligence. Cooperating/participating in the Joint Terrorism Task Force and other Federal, state or local government/law enforcement or industry consortia addressing transportation security as required by agency policy or at the FSD's direction.
- Conferring with the FSD, Headquarters and project staff personnel to outline work plans, providing technical advice, resolving problems, reviewing status reports and modifying schedules to accomplish duties. Directing the work of supervisors, program managers and other subordinate employees. Hiring, disciplining and mentoring subordinates. Advising FSD on managerial or personnel disciplinary issues as they arise.
- Exercising discretion and sound judgment in dealing with human resources matters or issues.
- Maintaining the minimum standards required of Transportation Security Inspectors under your supervision, including experience in at least one primary and secondary mode of specialty as required by TSA Headquarters policy and training plans.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-K Pay Band, (equivalent to GS-15), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the SV-J Pay Band or GS-14 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
Specialized Experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience will include conducting transportation compliance assessments, inspections and investigations to ensure compliance and enforcement and management direction/oversight and administration of programs for security, aviation security, force protection, or corporate security at a medium to large airport facility.
Note: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. This includes both online and mailed application materials. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please call the TSA HR Access Help Desk at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the Help Desk at the number listed above for a printed Employment Packet which will be sent to you for completion and return to this office.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent personnel action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating your current or previous permanent Federal employment status, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.