The Health System Administrator is responsible to the Network Director. The position requires the effective and economical direction, control, and operation of the Manchester VA Medical Center. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· This position has full delegated line authority and responsibility for executive level management of the Manchester VA Medical Center. Overall responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling, reviewing, evaluating, and improving medical, administrative and support operations of the medical facility.
· Makes final decisions which have a direct and substantial impact on the health care organization and programs. Such decisions affect the nature, scope, and quality of patient care programs and activities.
· Establishes Manchester VA Medical Center policy and procedure consistent with the VISN 1, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and VA corporate guidelines.
· Determines program goals and objectives and develops short-range and long-range plans for achieving strategic direction consistent with VISN 1, VHA and VA Strategic, Performance and Operating goals.
· Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other Federal government agencies, local and state governments, community organizations and other health care providers in Manchester VA Medical Center's area.
· Fosters positive relations with the media, Congressional staff, service organizations, and volunteer groups.
· As the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Officer for Manchester VA Medical Center, the Director has important motivational and executive leadership responsibilities with respect to planning, directing, reviewing, evaluating, and improving the EEO and other special employment program initiatives required by statute, regulation, and policy.