This position operates in support of the US Coast Guard (USCG), Naval Engineering Support Unit, Industrial Operations Division and performs major overhaul and/or repairs on all types of machinery and mechanical equipment aboard CG vessels and stations or used in support of CG missions.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
* Removing machinery from boats, ships, or stations, for repairs or modifications.
* Disassembling and repairs and tests machinery such as marine diesel engines, both mobile and stationary.
* Disassembling all components of engines such as cylinder heads, fuel systems, lubrications systems, cooling systems, blowers, and turbochargers.
* Installing, adjusting, sets, repairs, or replaces engine controls, governors, unloaders, safety valves, steering gear and rudders.
* Performing work involving the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of production machinery, equipment, and systems such as standard and numerically controlled machine tools, woodworking and metalworking machines used in the production of goods.