The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects. As part of our goal, we are seeking highly skilled individuals to assist in carrying out the mission of this agency. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission assists consumers in obtaining reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means. To learn more about the Commission, please visit www.ferc.gov.
This position is located in the Office of Enforcement's (OE) Division of Energy Market Oversight (DEMO), which serves the public by performing oversight and analysis of data relating to the Nation's electricity markets and related physical and financial markets. DEMO identifies and analyzes physical market data designed to develop the Commission’s oversight needs.
Position is included in the Bargaining Unit
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for
that selection may vary.
The candidate(s) selected for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in teams applying appropriate techniques to analyze the fundamentals of the U.S. electricity markets and compliance with Commission rules.
- Develop and analyze available information associated with electricity markets to effectively monitor, analyze and report on conduct and performance.
- Use a comprehensive understanding of energy and electricity markets to write weekly and other market reports as needed.
- Perform work individually, as a team member or a team leader and can be assigned to multiple projects concurrently, in a different capacity on each.
- Perform work on Commission initiatives related to electricity markets.