**BEFORE YOU APPLY PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT**
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
“We Train Those Who Protect Our Homeland.” The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) is a unique inter-agency organization that prepares the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet the Nation's most pressing security challenges. To see an informational video and learn more about the FLETC’s vital Homeland Security Mission, please click here.
This position is located in the Innovation and Technology Directorate, Innovation Office, IT Solutions Management Division, Glynco, Georgia. The selectee is responsible for providing leadership and managerial oversight for the planning and acquisition activities of a broad range of enterprise technology-based solutions that require the application of sound strategic planning, capital planning, workforce planning, performance planning, policy and standards development, budgeting, process improvement, portfolio management, knowledge management, infrastructure planning and operations information architecture, risk management, and information security principles.
Applicable relocation expenses will be paid.
The Supervisory Information Technology Specialist will manage the activities, responsibilities, and resources of the IT Solutions Management Division. In addition, the selectee will:
- Provide leadership and managerial oversight for the planning and acquisition activities of a broad range of enterprise technology-based solutions.
- Assess policy needs and develop policies to govern IT solutions management functions, services and performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, business owners, and customers.
- Serve as principle adviser to CIO, DCIO and other senior management staff.
- Provides leadership/supervision to a subordinate staff of employees; develops and implements procedures and internal controls; and manages the assignment of work.
- Use a high level of innovation and creativity to determine, develop, and implement leading edge solutions as appropriate to meet stakeholders’ needs while seeking cost effective IT support services, hardware, and software solutions.
- Assure IT projects adhere to applicable policies and laws; oversee the development of project artifacts such as Capability Development Plans, Mission Need Statements, Analysis of Alternatives, and Project Plans, and oversee project stage reviews.