SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
1. Project management experience related the development of inter or intra-state Energy Assurance Plans and Municipal Assurance Plans, and
2. Experience responding to energy emergencies, specifically the support of Federal, state, and local government response and recovery processes under the National Response Framework (NRF), National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF) and National Incident Management System (NIMS).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of the engineering or scientific purpose, concepts, principles, and practices relating to Energy Assurance Plans.
- Knowledge of the purpose, principles, and practices relating to energy emergencies.
- Knowledge of Federal project management.
- Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures in order to serve as a Contract Officer's Representative (COR) and/or Technical Project Officer (TPO).
All qualifications and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: A professional engineering degree is required. General Engineer education requirements can be viewed at website.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- Travel lasting more than one week may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligible will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.