All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Applicants must possess a J.D. or LL.B degree and be an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Proof of Bar membership must be submitted at the time of interview.
Grade 13: Applicants must have two (2) years post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, one (1) year providing advice on issues and policies related to the Federal securities laws, statutes, rules and regulations, particularly those related to the Investment Company Act, the Investment Advisers Act, the Securities Act and/or the Securities Exchange Act. Experience must include conducting legal research and analysis.
Grade 14: Applicants must have three (3) years post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, two (2) years providing advice on issues and policies related to the Federal securities laws, statutes, rules and regulations, particularly those related to the Investment Company Act, the Investment Advisers Act, the Securities Act and/or the Securities Exchange Act. Experience must include conducting reviews and analysis of the most complex issues to assure legal adequacy, sufficiency, and soundness of action recommended or taken.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the listed KSAs in the occupational questionnaire for this announcement.
Knowledge of the federal securities laws administered by the Commission and the rules and regulations thereunder and experience with the operations and regulation of investment companies and investment advisers.
Ability to communicate other than in writing.
Ability to communicate in writing.
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a two-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Information for veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded for consideration.
Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.