PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
NOTE: For status applicants, this position is being filled using the Alternative Merit Promotion System.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) works to ensure that Americans have reliable, adequate supplies of high-quality food and other agricultural products. ARS accomplishes its goals through scientific discoveries that help solve problems in crop and livestock production and protection, human nutrition, and the interaction of agriculture and the environment.
This position is assigned to USDA-ARS, Northern Plains Area, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, located in Grand Forks, ND. This position provides secretarial support to the Research Leader of the Healthy Body Research Unit. This position requires the skills of a qualified typist to perform word processing and other office automation duties.
Major responsibilities include:
- Maintains calendar and schedules appointments for the supervisor.
- Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and directs to staff members.
- Receives and reads all incoming correspondence and reviews outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy.
- Maintains time and Attendance reports. Prepares and transmits time and attendance records.
- Uses office automation software packages and equipment to type, i.e., edit and format letters, memoranda, reports etc.
- Types documents from rough draft into final form, ensuring accuracy with regard to format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and distribution of copies.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing system(s) to meet program needs for information storage and retrieval.
- Coordinates office activities with secretaries of other offices/organizations to ensure products are completed in a timely manner.
- Determines supplies needed for the office and arranges for office equipment repairs.
- Sets up meetings, planning sessions and prepares and disseminates research plans, reports and other information to participants.
- Makes necessary arrangements for travel, including arranging schedule of visits, making reservations, notifying organizations and officials to be visited and submitting travel vouchers and reports.