The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects. As part of our goal, we are seeking highly skilled individuals to assist in carrying out the mission of this agency. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission assists consumers in obtaining reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means. To learn more about the Commission, please visit www.ferc.gov.
This position is located in the Office of the Secretary (OSEC). The Office of the Secretary serves as the official focal point through which all filings are made for proceedings before the Commission as required by law and as the reception point for all filings directed to the Secretary, processing electronic, paper and CD/DVD submissions with the exception of tariff and certain electronic form submissions. To alert the public and invite public participation, the Secretary issues notices of particular aspects of these proceedings in accordance with the Commission’s Rules and Regulations, set forth in Title 18 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The Office of the Secretary serves the Commission as the point of clearance and transmission between the Commission and the staff and the general public in promulgating and publishing all orders, notices, rules and regulations and other official actions of the Commission. The office is responsible for the orderly processing of all matters coming before the Commission and has exclusive authority to authorize the time for initial releases of information concerning official acts of the Commission. The office is also responsible for determining prior to submitting any matter to the Commission that all factors concerning the matter are ready for its consideration and for the service of process on all parties to formal proceedings before the Commission.
Position is not included in the Bargaining Unit
Please note - only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official
More than one selection may be made from this announcement, and the office for that selection may vary.
As Director for System Operations, your duties will include:
● Analyzing the business processes for document receipt, distribution and developing automated solutions to make the processes more effective and efficient
● Working with Office of the Secretary and FERC Staff, FERC Information Technology Support Contract Staff (ITSS), regulated entities, and the public to design, acquire, implement, or modify computerized public information and reference systems and contractually acquired services for information systems in support of Commission business
● Ensuring the information technology (IT) infrastructure supports Commission-Wide goals and objectives
● Supporting budget planning
● Coordinating system planning, design, development, deployment, and operations and maintenance
● Designing and conducting analytic studies, developments and advances in information resources management, document management, library and records management services, and automation activities