Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist in the Office of Operations(OO), Office of Information Management (OIM), Division of Systems (DOS), you will plan, organize and complete various IT projects by identifying the needs of the Agency and/or Office-wide information systems.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Occasional travel required - 5%.
- Direct the ongoing assignments of subordinate staff members to manage and direct complex information technology activities required to design, develop, test, operate, maintain, and manage enterprise systems and comply with Federal Information Security Management Act and OMB guidelines, department, and agency enterprise life-cycle management and Enterprise Architecture requirements and regulations.
- Manage OMB Exhibit 300 and 53 monthly, quarterly and annual IT investment reporting requirements and coordinate regulatory IT requirements with stakeholders.
- Manage staff and also directly participate in needs analysis, requirements documentation, design development, testing, implementation, and operational support for information technology systems that support the FDA business mission.
- Maintain appropriate and constructive relationships within the Division of Systems, other OIM divisions, Center offices and other organizations within FDA.
- Provide contract Oversight, Program/Project Management, Strategic Policy Planning, and Budget Management.
- Consult with manager to assess qualification requirements for personnel and make recommendation regarding their adequacy and relevance to agency programs and operations.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and the establishment of individual development programs for staff to improve the overall delivery ability of the organization.
- Develop Statements of Work (SOW) and contract tasks to initiate the acquisition or retention of contractor resources to provide technical services/support for FDA programs and projects;
- Oversee the work performed under such tasks and assure that services and products fully satisfy contractual requirements.
- Oversee the development of technical data and other information useful to higher-level managers in determining which goals and objectives to emphasize.
- Plan, organize and complete various IT projects,
- Evaluate legislation affecting information systems to determine impact on new and existing IT systems.