The Indian Health Service (IHS) provides a comprehensive health service delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives. Join us in our Mission to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Santa Clara Pueblo, NM United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: Permanent - Full-Time
This position is located at the Santa Clara Pueblo Health Center located in Santa Clara Pueblo, New Mexico. The purpose of this position is to provide dentistry services involving the assessment, treatment and prevention of dental health problems in a variety of patients. Will occassionally provide dental services at the Santa Fe Indian Hospital, Santa Fe, NM.
Area of Consideration: HHS - Wide
Salary range: $75,427.00- $90,511.00 ( Annually)
Promotion potential: No
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: Yes, 2-3 days a month
Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
Relocation Expenses Paid: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid only if you are a current Federal employee. You will be required to sign a one year agreement. Failure to fulfull the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Is position covered by PL 101-630 (Child Care Position): Yes
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? Yes
Call back, standby? Yes
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- visit email@example.com for more information on Who May Apply
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Makes clinical and radiographic examination of the oral hard and soft tissues, and a diagnosis of pathological or irregular conditions such as uncomplicated pulp canal therapy; scalding of calculus, and curettage: treating mouth and gum infections, etc.
- Performs endodontic, prosthodontic, and periodontic, pedodontic, oral surgery and preventive orthodontic services.
- Administers local anesthesia and/or nitrous oxide and and analgesia.
- Studies results of examination and determines types of services required and develops a treatment plan for the patient.
- Treats an assortment of systematic diseases, recognizing their symptoms and recommending them for treatment to contract dental facilities if it is beyond the training of the incumbent or clinic capabilities.