Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Specialized experience: Experience directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills and ability needed to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled which includes knowledge of a wide range of specialized analytical methods and techniques, comprehensive knowledge if the Agency's mission, skill in providing a variety of administrative management services, knowledge of budget principles and ability to counsel and advise all level of staff management.
GS-11: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level.
GS-12: 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level.
Time In Grade Requirement:
(Must be met within 30 days of the announcement closing date)
Applicant must have 52 weeks at the GS-09 grade level to be eligible for the GS-11 grade level.
Applicant must have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level to be eligible for the GS-12 grade level.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
Certain position within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview processes from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301) 827-5511 prior to accepting such a position.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Yes
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- 1. Knowledge of the mission, organizational structure, functional activities and administrative programs of the office.
- Skill in identifying problems, gathering and analyzing information, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations.
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of management and organization including administrative practices and procedures common to an organization.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.