Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service currently employed with the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Southeast Region.
This position is with the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Southeast Region, Nashville, TN Resident Post.
This is a full time permanent Career/Career Conditional Appointment.
This position is non-bargaining.
This position is located in the administrative and management Branch of the district office. The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing staff support and a variety of administrative management services. The incumbent provides a wide range of management support that require planning, and coordination to ensure the successful accomplishment of the administrative management program operations. Duties include:
- Administer budget, accounting and financial management programs which include monitoring expenditures, preparing technical operating plans and training to subordinate staff.
- Conduct a variety of complex studies and program analysis activities, evaluate and analyze data and provide support on technical and management facets of the district's administrative operations.
- Research sensitive issues, analyze and present results and recommends administrative strategies or changes.
- Serves as the control point of aquisitions and contracts.
- Perform a full range of Customer Service responsibilities which include resolving problems/issues associated with the IMPAC Card, travel card, Capital HR and Gov/Trip.
- Responsible for the human resource management programs activities.