Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Consumer Safety Officer in the Office of Compliance (OC), you will serve as a focal point within the FDA to provide authoritative guidance and consultation regarding inspections, investigations and enforcement of the laws and regulations protecting consumers from drugs that are ineffective, improperly or deceptively labeled or packaged, or in some other way dangerous or defective.
This announcement has been amended to open continuous for 90 days with the following cut-off dates for certification:
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CDER-DE-13-878995 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- June 15th, 2013
- July 15th, 2013
- August 14th, 2013
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Provides authoritative guidance and consultation regarding inspections and investigations to accomplish compliance, enforcement, and regulatory objectives.
- Identifies areas which warrant further study or improvement to field operating efficiency and utilization.
- Reviews special and unusual problems submitted to the Office seeking authoritative guidance.
- Develops guidelines and regulatory policies for programs.
- Drafts responses to correspondence from within and outside the agency concerning FDA regulated drugs.