Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
Specialized Experience: Must have 12 months experience or training using common hand and power tools and a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs. Experience removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts, components, and accessories. Experience which demonstrates a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely in the resume'.
1. Skill in setting up various electric resistant welding machines or to use one or more manual welding processes. Assures proper spacing pressure and heat cycle. Controls the torch or arc.
2. Skill in using and setting up machinist equipment to perform less complicated tasks.
3. Knowledge of metals used and how various parts are bolted, soldered, riveted, or welded. Ability to use the tools of the trade and return metal to the original contour with minimum stretch or added dents.
4. Knowledge of how to prepare surfaces for painting, and apply coating so that will adhere to the surface and be free from skips, runs, and drips.
5. Ability to interpret drawings and blueprints. Determines amount of material needed. Makes major repairs in fabric and operates industrial type sewing machines. Knowledge and skill to use plastic bead welders and to vulcanize plastic or synthetic materials.
6. Skill and knowledge to operate a variety of hand, power tools, and devices to cut, fit, join, fabricate, and install wooden parts.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Supply Clerk and Technician positions.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E6 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 12, 88, 91, 92, 94)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass an operator's test for forklift equipment up to 10,000 lbs. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.