Job Title:Professor/Associate Professor of Systems Management (Information Assurance and Security)
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:National Defense University
Job Announcement Number:NDU-13-038-878225
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, April 23, 2013 to
Tuesday, May 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Term NTE 3 years|
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
Fort McNair, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The National Defense University (NDU) educates military and civilian leaders through teaching, research, and outreach in national security strategy, national military strategy, and national resource strategy; joint and multinational operations; information strategies, operations, and resource management; acquisition; and regional defense and security studies.
The Information Resources Management College (iCollege) at NDU prepares military and civilian leaders to optimize information technology management and secure information dominance within cyberspace.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining Top Secret security clearance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- A doctoral degree (desired) or Master's degree in information management or a related discipline from a regionally accredited university/college
- Experience in and knowledge of information assurance and security
- Experience in developing curricula for and teaching relevant areas of information systems management
- Experience in scholarship and/or consulting in relevant areas of information systems management
- Ability to deal effectively with high-level government and industry officials, senior military officers, and/or distinguished academicians
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
HIGHLY QUALIFYING CRITERIA:
- Highly competent in relevant areas of information systems management; Current position requires broad, state-of-the-art knowledge in information systems management in relevant areas; Active membership in one or more professional organizations related to information systems management at a senior level, e.g., fellow, senior fellow, etc.
- Has taught in the area of information systems management at a college or university at the graduate level on a full-time basis as an associate or full professor; Past teaching at the graduate level in face-to-face or on-line format; Experience in developing curriculr for higher education programs in relevant areas of information systems management; A team player in the development and delivery of curriculum in a student-centered classroom.
- Has regularly published articles in information systems journals; Has authored one or more books in relevant areas of information systems management; Speaks at professional meetings or symposia; Provides consulting services at the highest levels of government and industry.
- Possesses an earned doctoral degree in information management, a related technical discipline, or a support discipline; Course work and dissertation are both highly relevant to the field of information systems management as taught in the iCollege.
- Current duties require candidate to interact with high-level government and industry officials, senior military officers, and/or distinguished academicians on a routine basis, as well as to coordinate activities with a variety of outside organizations.