At the GS-15 level Qualified candidates must possess: 1 year of specialized experience in the arts and humanities equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the general schedule. Examples of specialized experience includes: planning and directing or planning and executing major professional arts and/or humanities programs which required extended research, planning, implementing and overseeing new and on-going programs, conducting high-level meetings and presentations of professional arts and humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility.
Possession of a Bachelors degree in a discipline of the Humanities or Arts is required. A Masters or Ph.D. in a Humanities or Arts discipline is preferred. (Unofficial transcripts from an accredited University are required to receive credit for education).
NOTE: A writing sample related to art or humanities theme topics is required and must be submitted in addition to the online application process described above. (Please upload this document through application manager in the area of the document section labeled Writing Sample). Failure to submit this document may disqualify you from further consideration.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
1. Knowledge of the arts and/or humanities, including public policy and practices, practitioners, organizations and institutions in the field.
2. Skill in managing programs, including those supported by multiple partners and requiring the management of contracts and funds between several entities.
3. Ability to supervise a professional staff and oversee day-to-day management of both staff and office functions within a government environment.
4. Skill to effectively communicate orally.
5. Skill to effectively communicate in writing.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
· Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
· Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
· Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Application of Veterans' Preference
* The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference
points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of
veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within
* Preference eligibles who meet MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and the
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and who have a compensable
service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in
the highest quality category, except when the position being
filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or
Any exaggeration of an applicants experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating an applicant ineligible, not hiring the applicant, or for termination after he/she begins work. If a determination is made that in responding to the competency-based question an applicant has rated themselves higher than is evident in their resume, experience, and/or education, the applicants score may be manually adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.