The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This announcement is being amended to extend the closing date to May 20, 2013.
This position is located in Twentynine Palms, CA.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly manage all Medical Record Technicians including assigning and distributing work to subordinates, establishing priorities and reviewing work through spot checks for accuracy and quality.
· Review and verify component parts of inpatient and outpatient records to ensure completeness and accuracy of diagnoses, and special diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
· Review notes, doctors orders, consultation reports, laboratory and radiology reports, etc., to ascertain all diagnoses, procedures, and complications are recorded in the proper terminology.
· Refer any discrepancies in the sequencing of diagnoses and procedures to the provider for resolution with justification for proposing changes.
· Examine records to ensure documents contain sufficient data to justify the diagnosis and that treatment administered and results obtained are adequately described.