Experience: You must have at least 1 year of specialized experience that is closely related to the work of this position and has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of Human Resources Specialist. Examples of specialized experience include providing management advisory and liaison services; applying human resources concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents related to affirmative employment, recruitment and placement, employee and management relations, performance management, and labor relations.
Education: You must have successfully completed all of the requirements for a Ph.D. (or equivalent doctoral degree) in a related field OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. (Transcripts must be submitted at time of application)
SELECTIVE FACTOR: To qualify for the position you must possess the selective factor. A selective placement factor is determined to be essential for successful performance in this position. Those candidates who do not meet the following selective placement factor will be rated not qualified for the position.
The candidate must perform in the recruitment and placement and employee and management relations area of human resource.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range human resource concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents related to recruitment and placement, employee and management relations, performance management, and the relationships between the various personnel principles, concepts, policies, and analytical techniques.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to work.
3. Ability to gather facts and use effective, analytical, and evaluative methods to accurately assesses information and makes sound decisions.
4. Knowledge of management objectives and the mission of the organization and their implications on personnel management programs and equal employment opportunity.
5. Ability to apply human resource laws, regulations, policies, concepts pertaining to staffing and recruitment and employee relations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
1. Designated as primary point of contact for assigned personnel programs, keeping abreast of program changes, preparing required publicity, coordinating internal procedural changes, and assisting other staff members with current information and procedures.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.