Job Title:Forestry Aid/Technician (Fire)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:CRPA 140/12
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$24,933.00 to $32,412.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, May 01, 2013 to Tuesday, May 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Temporary NTE 1039 Hours|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Dulce, NM United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Area-Wide / Indian Preference Eligible’s / Current Federal Status Employees or Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility.|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 855198
FORESTRY AID (FIRE), 0462-03,
Jicarilla Agency, Branch of Forestry,
Dulce, New Mexico
GS-03: $24,933 - $32,412 Per Annum
AMENDMENT, 05/01/13: Amendment to Required Documents, removing:
· Incident Qualification and Certification System (IQCS) Master Record or other equivalent documentation which verifies you meet the required NWCG qualifications for this position. Failure to provide this documentation by the closing date of the announcement will result in you being rated as not qualified.
· This is a temporary position, not-to-exceed 6 months.
· Travel and relocation expenses will not be authorized. Any relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
· This is an arduous position and is subject to drug testing, medical examination, physical fitness testing, and favorable results of a completed background investigation.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible.
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Preference eligibles may apply for permanent positions (career or career-conditional appointments) under merit promotion procedures for VEOA appointments; however, Veterans Preference is not a factor in these appointments. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be a preference eligible OR veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Applicants must submit a copy of their DD-214 for verification of eligibility. For more information, click here: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Selectee is subject to a background security investigation.
- Applications will only be accepted online or by Fax to 1-478-757-3144.
- Pre-employment Drug Testing Required