You may have heard GSA called 'the government's landlord', but GSA is about more than just buildings...We're a vehicle management and acquisition service...a real estate manager...an IT solutions provider...a global supply chain manager...and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As an Accountant, you will be performing a variety of work assignments/projects and analyzes in areas such as accounting transactions, reports, systems, and other related areas that can have an impact on the effectiveness of the Division meeting its goals and objectives.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Financial Policy and Operations, Financial Services Division, Fort Worth, TX. This office is responsible for providing accurate, cost effective Financial and Performance Analysis, Reporting and Advice. It ensures that GSA executes its mission in a compliant, efficient and effective manner.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
At this time we are filling one vacancy, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1307039IMMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
- Creates and submits reports from data systems as required by senior management, financial managers, program offices, or customers
- Processes acounting transactions into the financial system including corrective adjustments to abnormal balances or variances.
- Supports branch and division customer service programs, resolving customer requests, issues, and problems.
- Performs analysis and reconciliations of accounts including budgetary and proprietary accounts.
- Supports internal and external audits and reviews by providing data/information on accounting, financial management and related policies, procedures and reports.