SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Planning, conducting and applying complex scientific and techno-economic analyses in reviews of various program offices to develop and recommend alternative strategies and/or innovative approaches that significantly impact the direction of an organization or nation-wide program.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more specialized areas of operation research sufficient to apply new analytical developments, methodologies, and research findings to broad studies of an unprecedented nature.
- Thorough knowledge of preparing analytical plans and reports to inform resource-related and programming process such as Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) in a large organization.
- Knowledge of agency program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Skill in advanced mathematical methods and scientific principles to accomplish complex studies, develop, use, and or assess a variety of mathematical models and provide management with viable solutions or recommendations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing; to prepare and deliver reports and assessments; to present analyses, plans, and proposals; and to effectively articulate policies, choices and positions to internal and external audiences.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration.
- CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
This position requires a Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
Background and/or/Security Investigation is required.
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
Occasional Travel may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.