OPM qualifications standards 0301
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Technical and management experience implementing hydrogen and fuel cell safety, codes and standards activities
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Mastery of advanced concepts, principles, and practices of safety, codes and standards related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, including risk assessment modeling, materials compatibility, hydrogen embrittlement, and combustion/flame propagation, in order to recognize realistic opportunities for these technologies based on practical considerations and cost/benefit potentials.
- Extensive knowledge of the Energy Policy Act of 1992; National Energy Conservation Policy Act; Title IV, Part B of the Energy Conservation and Production Act; Energy Policy and Conservation Act; Energy Security Act; the Energy Policy Act of 2005; the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007; and the DOE Financial Assistance Regulations.
- Knowledge of project planning, analysis, and evaluation to serve as project manager
- Specific knowledge of hydrogen and fuel cell safety, codes and standards activities to conduct project and program reviews including the ability to initiate or terminate projects.
- Knowledge of Federal and departmental goals, policies, programs, projects, and efforts related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
- Knowledge of domestic and international codes and standards related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies to enable harmonization of these codes and standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups at all levels, both orally and in writing, and to help to draft and publish domestic and international codes and standards related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies
- Ability to work with international colleagues to facilitate development and harmonization of hydrogen and fuel cell codes and standards and to represent the Office at meetings with these colleagues and at international conferences
- Ability to address challenging group dynamics with a variety of stakeholders and special interest groups when dealing with sensitive, political issues.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
EDUCATION: Are you using education to qualify?
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: OGE Form 450 Financial Disclosure is selected
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.