To qualify for this position, you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the federal government performing all of the following: 1) assess Information Technology (IT) program effectiveness through complex program management analysis; 2) formulate and implement plans to improve IT program policies and organizational structure; and 3) analyze and improve difficult and diverse financial functions related to IT purchases. NOTE: Your resume must clearly define your experiences related to the above items; otherwise, your eligibility may be affected.
The qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement which is 11:59 on Thursday, May 09, 2013.
You MUST be able to show that you have 52 weeks of experience equivalent to the next lower grade or equivalent grade band in the Federal service.
Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience may not be used for this grade level.
The time-in-grade requirement must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
(For Merit Promotion Candidates Only) Time-in-Grade Requirements: Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background Investigation: To ensure the accomplishment of its mission, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires each and every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully complete a background investigation for SECRET clearance as a condition of placement in this NON-CRITICAL SENSITIVE position. This review includes financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To view the online questionnaire,View Assessment Questions.
Note: Failure to reflect your responses to the questionnaire in your resume will reduce your chances of being referred to the selecting official.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
We will evaluate your résumé and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position. The knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- ABILITY TO INTERPRET LAWS, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAMS
- SKILL TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, AND IMPLEMENT PROGRAMS, PLANS, AND PROPOSALS INVOLVING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SERVICES
- SKILL IN APPLYING ANALYTICAL AND EVALUATIVE TECHNIQUES CONCERNING THE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF PROGRAM OPERATIONS
- SKILL TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, AND IMPLEMENT PROGRAMS, PLANS, AND PROPOSALS THAT INVOLVE CHANGES IN ESTABLISHED PROCEDURES
If you are a current or former Federal employee, your resume must indicate the GS or pay band level for each position that you held. If your resume includes non-government service, including contractors, please include the salaries for each position held. All work experience should specify the length of time spent in the position. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. Based your answers to the assessment questionnaire, and the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
- Best Qualified: The highest category for candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate high proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all Selective Placement Factors (SPF) and appropriate Quality Ranking Factors (QRF) as determined by the job analysis. Candidates considered best-qualified by the human resources (HR) office, subject matter experts (SMEs) and/or the selecting official are to be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and capable of performing effectively in the position immediately.
- Well Qualified: The next lower category for candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate acceptable proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis. Candidates considered to be well-qualified by the HR office, SMEs and/or the selecting official are to be proficient in all of the requirements of the job and capable of performing without undue interruption. For category rating, undue interruption is defined as the degree of interruption that would prevent the completion of required work by the employee 90 days after the employee has been placed in a new position.
- Qualified: The lowest category for candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate basic proficiency in most of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis. Candidates considered qualified by the HR office, SMEs and/or the selecting official are to meet the specialized experience requirements of the job and are capable of performing effectively after minimal training and/or orientation.