In order to qualify at the GS-13 level you must meet 1-year of specialized experience in the Federal service equivalent to the GS-12 grade level. Qualifying specialized experience includes (and must be indicated on the resume): Used the theories, concepts, principles and practices of accounting and financial management in order to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues in accordance with professional standards in the Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) and in compliance with the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and the Office of Federal Financial Management (OFFM) guidance; developed and maintained complex automated subsystems to produce accounting and financial information; presented findings and made recommendations related to accounting systems requirements and deficiencies; served as a technical advisor in the design, development, test, checkout, and readiness of accounting systems or equipment that involved new concepts and new and varied requirements problems.
In additional to the above specialized experience requirement, this position has a basic educational requirement. Applicants must meet one of the following basic educational requirements described below:
A degree from an accredited college or university in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law; OR
B. Combination of Experience and Education
At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; or
- A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial coursework in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) you have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that you demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, your education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Note: Unofficial transcripts must be submitted as a part of this application by the closing day. The transcript(s) must show that the basic educational requirement has been met. An official transcript will be required prior to an appointment.
FOREIGN DEGREE EQUIVALENCY EVALUATIONS: If you are applying and using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the basic educational requirement, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For more information on determining foreign degree equivalency, click on the following link: http://www.naces.org/aboutnaces.htm
Multiple selections may be made from any certificate of eligibles that result from this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Once the job announcement closes, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your assessment questionnaire responses to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements for the job with a score of 100 to 70. Those candidates deemed most highly qualified will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. If, after a review of your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may be eliminated from consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the selecting official. For more information on VEOA or on any of the veterans eligibility appointment mechanisms, please click on the link: www.fedshirevets.gov
This position requires the following core competencies:
- Technology Application
- Financial Data Management
- Internal Controls/Integrity
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
Note: Your answers to the assessment questions, that attest to your work experience, must be supported in your resume showing. To preview questions please click here.