Candidates must meet all the requirements identified in the VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G, Nurse Qualification Standards
(1) US Citizenship
(2) Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
(3) Current, full, active and unrestricted licensure as a registered professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the U.S. or the District of Columbia.
(4) Applicants must meet physical standards for the position.
(5) Experience in Sterile Processing and/or Operating Room required.
(6) Minimum 4 years of successful nursing practice required.
A physical examination prior to placement may be required. RN's must be proficient in spoken and written English.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be as follows-
Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), an accrediting arm of the National League for Nursing. The NLNAC accredits all levels of nursing programs. Additional information may be obtained from the http://www.nlnac.org/home.htm ; or
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an accrediting arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The CCNE accredits bachelors and masters degree programs. Additional information may be obtained from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation/accredited-programs ; or
In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration and the possession of a Certificate from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)] will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. Additional information may be obtained from http://www.cgfns.org/
1. Lifting up to 45 lbs. (Intermittently)
2. Carrying up to 45 lbs. (Intermittently)
3. Repeated bending
4. Straight Pulling up to 45 lbs.(Intermittently)
5. Straight Pushing up to 45 lbs. (Intermittently)
6. Stooping (Intermittently)
7. Squatting (Intermittently)
8. Kneeling (Occasionally)
9. Use of both arms
10. Use of both hands
11. Use of fingers
12. Overhead work; both arms (Intermittently)
13. Prolonged walking (Up to 4 hrs./day)
14. Prolonged standing (Up to 4 hrs./day)
15. Sitting (Up to 2 hrs./day)
16. Far Vision - correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other
17. Near Vision - correctable to read newsprint at 13 - 16 inches
18. Ability to distinguish shades of colors
19. Hearing - ability to hear and understand the spoken voice from a distance of 8 feet. Ability to effectively utilize a stethoscope and distinguish breath and heart, and bowel sounds
20. Emotional and mental stability - ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.