Job Title:Physician Assistant- Home Based Primary Care
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:AMA-13-JS-T38-79-875572
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, April 11, 2013 to
Monday, May 06, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
Amarillo, TX United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 875572
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The Amarillo VA Health Care System is recruiting for mid level providers for our Home Based Primary Care Program.
Note: Professional Standards Board (a peer-review roup) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate. This vacancy announcement lists a potential salary range only.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
DUTIES:Back to top
The Physician Assistant provides care to patients in the Home Based Primary Care Program (HBPC). This position is located in Geriatrics and Extended Care Service. Primary duties include:
Perform initial histories and physical examinations on outpatients and developing appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Screen outpatients to determine need for further health care.
Ordering and administering routine medications.
Provide education and counseling of patients and family in preventative care, medical conditions and use of
prescribed treatment and drugs.
Write evaluations and progress notes on patients, both for the initial and follow up visits in patients record.
Draw blood specimens for testing and performing other similar procedures when needed.
Carrying out health promotion and disease prevention activities including education and shared decision-making
Tour of Duty: M-F
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
AFGE Bargaining Unit position
First consideration will be given to applications received early.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
a. Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
b. Education or Training. The candidate must meet one of the following:
(1) A bachelors degree from a PA training program which is certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA); or (2) Graduation from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a bachelors degree in a health care occupation or a health-related science; or (3) Graduation from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a period of progressively responsible health care experience such as an independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, medical technologist, or medical technician. The duration of approved academic training and health care experience must total at least 5 years.
c. Certification. As of March 12, 1993, certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) is a requirement for employment.
d. English Language Proficiency. PAs appointed to direct patient-care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Physician Assistant Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
selected candidate must meet the physical requriiments of the position.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, May 06, 2013Monday, May 06, 2013 to receive consideration.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
·Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
·Other Veterans Document
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.vacareers.va.gov/job-search/applications.asp (required).
- CV or Resume.
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- Occupational Questionnaire
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, May 06, 2013Monday, May 06, 2013 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 875572.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.