Job Title:Supervisory Contract Specialist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Materiel Management
Job Announcement Number:VA-MA-866424-MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$105,211.00 to $136,771.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, April 15, 2013 to Friday, April 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Frederick, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (see "Area of Consideration" below)|
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Office of Acquisition Operations, Acquisition Service in Frederick, MD.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced for any length of time. An SF-50 must be provided and show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: veteran preference eligibles OR veterans separated from the armed forces after substantially completing 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Displaced federal civil service employees eligible for Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians
- Current and former Federal employees in excepted service positions who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced for any length of time.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents
- Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid