The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
The Office of Justice Services (OJS), within the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), is searching for individuals to serve as a Cook for the Division of Corrections. Do you have experience in planning meals and preparing food? Are you knowledgeable about the proper sanitation and storage of food? If so, this may be the perfect position for you!
Salary Information: WG-6: $17.56 $20.48 per hour. First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
Cooks are needed at the following locations:
2 - Lower Brule Detention facility in Lower Brule, SD
1 - Standing Rock Detention facility in Fort Yates, ND
1 - Northern Cheyenne Juvenile Detention Facility in Busby, MT
This is a permanent, full-time, career/career conditional appointment. The position has a full performance level of WG-6.
This position is being advertised concurrently with CD-13-PQ875228 (MP) using Merit Promotion procedures. Status applicants who wish to be considered under both merit promotion and competitive examining procedures must apply directly to each announcement.
Whom May Apply
- U.S. Citizens
- Indian Preference eligibles
The major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform a wide variety of food processing and cooking tasks to prepare regular and special diet entrees.
· Ensures the proper procedures are used in the storage and handling of food.
· Plan meal preparations and processes to ensure food is done on time and at the right temperature.
· Instruct the Food Service Worker in the receipt, check or issuance of subsistence and on subsistence items, as well as the proper handling and storage of food.
· Maintain accurate food inventories and rotate stock items to prevent spoilage.