Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 872366
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The office is responsible for executing the major construction and leasing programs and for providing technical support to field stations. Serves as a Senior Procurement Analyst, and is assigned special projects, review and analyses of broad, complex, unique and sensitive procurement and contracting issues and problems involving the full spectrum of functions for which the Service is responsible. The incumbent has considerable latitude to determine the scope of the projects or reviews, resources required, and the processes to be followed.
- Plan, develop, and implement studies, analyses, and projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency in eCMS, the acquisition of products, systems, or services that CFM provides to customers.
- Conceive, design, an implement methods for measuring, benchmarking, monitoring, and ensuring quality processes and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Analyze, selectively, the most complex, unusual and high level procurement and contract issues that are assigned for review.
- Examine and respond to audit recommendations forwarded to the service for action.
- Undertake special studies, projects, or programs that have department-wide impact.
- Offers recommendations for standardized contract formats, special clauses, policies, procedures and dissemination of lessons learned, to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of contracts awarded by CFM.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE AUTHORIZED***
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.