GS-7: Applicant must be currently a GS-7 in the Federal Service; or I have previously held a permanent GS-7; or have held a higher grade level.
GS-9: Applicant must be currently a GS-9 in the Federal Service; or I have previously held a permanent GS-9; or have held a higher grade level.
THIS IS A CAREER OPPORTUNITIES TRAINING AGREEMENT (COTA) POSITION.
Under the COTA program, applications will be accepted from individuals who do not fully meet the basic qualifications requirements for this position, if the applicant has demonstrated the basic skills and competencies necessary for development and successful performance in the position being filled. Under the COTA program, applicants that lack some portion of the qualification requirements will be assigned to a trainee position and placed on an individual training plan to make up for the difference between his/her own qualifications and the qualifications required for the target position. Applicants may only enter COTA positions through lateral reassignment or voluntary change to lower grade (not by promotion). Pay retention is authorized, if applicable.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: This is a Career Opportunities position with non-competitive promotion potential to GS-09. Although promotion is neither guaranteed nor automatic, successful performance in the trainee position and completion of the training program will enable the trainee to be eligible for promotion to the target position (and each intervening grade level, if applicable).
LENGTH OF TRAINING: Length of training will vary based on the development and ability of the individual to perform assigned duties and tasks at each grade level in the developmental plan as determined by the supervisor.
DEVELOPMENTAL PLAN: A training plan (covering the entire training period) will be designed for the individual selected. The plan will specify the developmental assignments involving on-the-job training as well as formal training courses, if applicable. The training plan will correspond to the particular needs of the individual selected in order to meet the requirements of the target position (and each intervening grade, if applicable). For more information on the COTA program, click here http://intranet.cdc.gov/hr/Employment/cota.html
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3.Transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
4. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
5. Drug Screening Required: Yes
6. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
7. Research position: No
8. Supervisory position: No
9. Promotion potential: Yes, This position has promotion potential to GS-09. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are eligible for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of administrative procedures and policies.
2. Skill in oral communication.
3. Skill in written communication