All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Basic Requirements: Applicant must possess a J.D. or LL.B. degree and be an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: In addition to the Basic Requirements:
SK-13: Applicants must have two years of post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, one year of which includes extensive writing; providing advice on issues and policies related to federal labor and employment laws; a broad range of legal advisory services on complex questions of law to heads of agencies and/or private sector firms companies involving federal labor and employment laws; and capability to direct a professional program that is highly complex and of considerable significance.
SK-14: Applicants must have three years of post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, two years of which include extensive writing; providing advice on issues and policies related to federal labor and employment laws; a broad range of legal advisory services on complex questions of law to heads of agencies and/or private sector firms companies involving federal labor and employment laws; and capability to direct a professional program that is highly complex; conducting reviews and analysis of the most complex issues to assure legal adequacy, sufficiency, and soundness of action recommended or taken.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the following KSAs. You are required to complete narratives for each KSA in the occupational questionnaire portion of this announcement. Failure to respond to these narratives may result in your being considered not highly qualified for the position.
· Experience handling labor management relations matters
· Experience and skill in negotiating collective bargaining agreements
· Experience and skill in presenting and arguing cases in labor and employment administrative proceedings, including before the FLRA, EEOC and MSPB.
· Ability to meet, deal and negotiate effectively with individuals both within and outside a department, agency, organization, or business.
· Experience and skill in analyzing and providing advice on HR Regulations in Federal Court
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. The full performance level of this position is SK-14.
5. This appointment may require completion of a trial period up to two years.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is NOT in bargaining unit.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated and rated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.