Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 872478872478
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Functional Statement is available for review in Human Resources Management. This position is assigned to Mental Health Service, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, New Orleans, LA
Tour of Duty: Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Evidence-Based Psychotherapy (EBP) for Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Telemental Health Psychologist is a licensed, independent psychologist whose primary function is the delivery of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and/or Pronged Exposure Therapy (PE) via Telemental Health modalities, such as clinical video teleconferencing (CVT).
- Provides a full range of psycho diagnostic and assessment services for Veterans with PTSD and commodity conditions, primarily using Telemental Health modalities.
- Delivers Cognitive Processing Therapy and/or Prolonged Exposure Therapy through Telemental Health modalities as a primary function; provides a range of other established psychotherapeutic interventions through Telemental Health modalities when needed and when clinically appropriate.
- Consults with clinic, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System (SLVHCS), and community-based staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
- Periodically performs Compensation & Pension Examinations for Mental Health conditions (e.g., PTSD), consistent with SLVHCS, VISN, and national VHA standards.
- Responsible for the programmatic development of the SLVHCS PTSD Telemental Health Program (e.g., preparation of Business Plan, Telehealth Service Agreements).
- Participates in national program evaluation procedures designed to assess clinical impact, patient satisfaction, and other aspects associated with the delivery of evidence-based psychotherapy for PTSD through Telemental Health modalities coordinated by the Office of Mental Health Services in VA Central Office as part of the national Evidence-Based Psychotherapy for PTSD Telemental Health Initiative.