Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
The NIH Management Intern Program offers outstanding NIH employees the opportunity to explore different administrative career fields, gain invaluable insight into the NIH, and to attain future administrative, leadership positions!
This is a Career Opportunities Training Agreement (COTA) Position within the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Office of the Director, Office of Human Resources, Workforce Support & Development Division, NIH Training Center. You will serve as a Management Intern with an opportunity to transition into skilled administrative and management areas. Graduates have become some of NIH's most respected administrative managers. Interns gain experience and can pursue careers in a variety of NIH occupations, including Administrative Officers, Budget Officers and Analysts, Legislative Analysts, Program and Management Analysts, Grants and Contract Management Specialists, Writers/Editors, Public Affairs Specialists, Human Resources Specialists, and EEO Officers and Specialists.
For complete information, visit our website at:
- You must be a current NIH employee on a career/career conditional appt.
- Or be serving under an excepted appt without time limitation under
- Schedule A Authorities for the disabled or the Veterans Readjustment Act.
- You must be on appointment with NIH for at least the previous 52 weeks.
- You must currently be a GS-7 through GS-12 or Wage Grade equivalent.
- You must be able to work full-time.