**BEFORE YOU APPLY PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT**
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
“We Train Those Who Protect Our Homeland.” The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) is a unique inter-agency organization that prepares the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet the Nation's most pressing security challenges. To see an informational video and learn more about the FLETC’s vital Homeland Security Mission, please click here.
This position is located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Administration Directorate, Facilities Management Division, Facilities Operations Branch, Glynco, Georgia. The selected individual will serve as a working supervisor providing planning, supervision, and coordination of facilities maintenance, repair, and improvement activities to support law enforcement training programs taking place at the FLETC, Glynco facility.
Applicable relocation expenses will not be paid.
The Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor will serve as a working supervisor providing work direction and assuring work assignments are carried out. Typical assignments include:
- Supervising a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds and related structures, fixtures, and utilities.
- Passing on to Work Leaders and other workers instructions received from the Branch Supervisor and starting work (e.g. by assigning the immediate tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led).
- Working closely with the Design and Construction Branch Chief and members of the staff concerning A&E design that illustrate various operating systems (i.e. Chiller plant and lines, boilers for heat steam and hot water, fire alarm systems and various electronic systems such as firearm target systems and security systems).
- Receiving request for repairs, maintenance or alterations of facility wide mechanical systems.
- Assisting the Branch Supervisor in preparing work orders and job estimates.