Job Title:Human Resources Specialist
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:HQ-13-CAT-02-HC-00260
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, April 04, 2013 to
Thursday, April 18, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|few vacancies in the following location:|
Tulsa, OK, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens
The Department of Energy's (DOE's) overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation and the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. future and make a real difference in the lives of Americans and people around the world.
This vacancy is located in the Southwestern Power Administration (SWPA), Office of Corporate Services, Human Resources Management Division in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The SWPA, a sub-agency of DOE, delivers the most reliable and clean wholesale hydroelectric power benefiting 9 million users, across a six-state region, at the lowest possible cost. The Human Resources (HR) Management Division is responsible for providing the full range of human capital service delivery for SWPA managers and employees in
--staffing and recruitment,
--position classification, and
--day-to-day operational support.
A successful candidate in this Human Resources Specialist position will perform comprehensive HR management advisory and technical services in the areas of
--position classification and management,
--recruitment and placement,
--a variety of other substantive organizational functions.
THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED AT EITHER THE GS-09 OR GS-11, AND IF FILLED AT THE GS-09 LEVEL, THERE IS NON-COMPETITIVE PROMOTION POTENTIAL TO THE GS-11 LEVEL.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Relocation expenses may be paid in accordance with DOE regulations.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Advise managers on position classification and management matters including realignment of function/duties; classify/certify PDs and prepare evaluation statements.
- Perform comprehensive recruitment activities, including merit promotion, delegated examining and direct hire for a variety of positions.
- Perform job analysis, working closesly with subject matter experts on effective methods of evaluating candidates.
- Advise managers on basic pay setting, incentives, overtime, and/or leave entitlement questions or issues, alternate work schedules and telework.
- Advise managers and employes of OWCP process and/or problems.
- Execute a wide range of HR information systems, data bases, and retrieval methods to accomplish HR processes and provide data for HR reports.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience
providing advice and policy interpretation to managers on Federal HR management issues, including:
- Applying Federal staffing and classification concepts, practices, policies, precedents, and procedures to HR issues;
- Independently preparing vacancy announcements, assessment tools, and job analyses and screening applicants for eligibility;
- Applying pay and leave administration laws, regulations, principles and practices to technical issues; and
- Classifying positions, preparing evaluation statements, and preparing desk audits.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do NOT provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying a wide range of classification and position management regulations, principles, concepts, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying a wide range of staffing and recruitment laws, Executive Orders, regulations, policies, concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying a wide range of pay and leave administration laws, regulations, principles, and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Education is not required for this position, but your educational background will be considered in the evaluation of your overall qualifications for this position.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
Background and/or Security Investigation is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online résumé/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligibles will be listed at the top of the category. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and below.
If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.