At a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate, but a four year degree in recreation or youth development is strongly preferred; The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; Positive interpersonal-relations skills.
The ability to plan and organize, gather pertinent data, analyze problems, and identify solutions; At least twenty-four (24) months worth of work experience in the development and delivery of recreation programs; Strong knowledge of all MWR programs, services and operations, to include procurement and supply; Knowledge and competency with standard office software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Managerial work experience that demonstrates comprehensive analytical skills, financial analysis, and financial-management systems (NAF Management Information Systems [MIS] and RecTrac); and Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively.
BEST QUALIFYING CRITERIA: Applicants who possess a four-year college degree in related field are preferred and will be referred first to the selecting official. All other applicants not meeting best qualifying criteria will be referred for consideration if the certificate is returned with no selection.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate
- Four Year degree in recreation or youth development is strongly preferred. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS OR A COPY THEREOF, MUST BE PROVIDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
5. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Driver's license required as there is a 5% travel requirement.
8. Required to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
-Minimum Qualifications - Education
-Minimum Qualifications -Experience
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.