Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraphs. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position.
GS-12: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes experience maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of automated data processing operating through performance of IT security and information assurance activities.
GS-13: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which includes maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of automated data processing operations through performance of IT security and information assurance activities implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operations of network and telecommunication systems, mainframe personal computing, video-conferencing, infrastructure software and server support.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Additional Qualifying experience for the GS-12/13 grade level requires IT-related experience that demonstrated each of the following four competencies: Attention to detail; customer service; oral communications; and problem solving.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel may be required: 5%
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
9. Bargaining Unit Position: May be
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
12. Incumbent may be subjected to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency. This service may require irregular working hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include other than those specified in the major duties.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements normally will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Certification for various IT Systems
2. Knowledge of information security techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures.
3. Evaluating security and privacy controls provided for the protection of systems, infrastructure.
4. Project management principles, methods and practices and present project briefings to senior management.
5. Skill in oral Communication.