Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Agricultural Marketing Service
Job Announcement Number:24FV-2013-0025
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, April 04, 2013 to
Thursday, June 6, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This announcement is open to all United States citizens. (Current and Former Federal employees may also apply with a separate application to Merit Promotion vacancy announcement #6FV-2013-0061. For information on viewing Merit Promotion announcements, click Locating a Status Position on USAJOBS.)|
The incumbent serves as the Senior Information Systems Analysts in the Fruit and Vegetable Program, Information Management Services (IMS) and reports directly to the Head of IMS.
IMS is responsible for the:
- Acquisition, installation, customization, maintenance, and administration of Program-wide applications;
- Design, development, maintenance and implementation of IMS applications;
- Coordination, development and implementation of data standards and other software standards in alignment with the Agency’s and USDA’s application and information architecture;
- Analysis and implementation of electronic business and electronic data interchange as applied to Fruit and Vegetable programs; and
- Project management for IMS IT projects.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA)
Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- As a technical expert responsible for analyzing, developing, acquiring, implementing and managing major information systems software assets in the AMS Fruit and Vegetable Program.
- Provides expertise, leadership, and support to teams of computer specialists involved in the development of new or improved computer applications and systems.
- Provides consulting and coordination support for customers; works with subject matter experts to convene customer user groups and other cross functional groups as necessary; provides decision support services by conducting needs analyses, cost-benefit analyses, developing functional specifications, and interfacing between customers, users, and information technology providers.
- Works with functional managers at the Program and Division levels and user groups to develop business requirements and model current and proposed information and business process flows.
- The incumbent uses project management skills to assure on-time delivery of solutions and assists in post implementation support and enhancement skills to assure on-time delivery of solutions and assists in post implementation support and enhancement of systems. The incumbent is responsible for the overall success of a project. Duties here include:
- Continually keeps abreast of current information delivery system technologies, including electronic business and electronic commerce, automated workflow, data warehousing, web-based application development, and electronic records management, methodologies, legislation, and other guidelines pertaining to IT.
- Participates in cross agency and cross government task forces and working groups to implement government-wide standards and to develop and share best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the experience requirements specified below.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-13 GRADE LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors.
Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working with system life cycle management processes and methodology.
- Experience developing business requirements and business process flows.
- Experience applying project management concepts and practices to complex IT projects.
- Experience working with IT resources and infrastructure; automated systems, equipment and software.
- Experience in contract administration; product specifications, requisitions, evaluating/accepting products or services, recommending payment.
In addition, all applicants qualifying based on experience must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. Applicants must demonstrate possession of these competencies within the body of the resume; no separate statements addressing them are required.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THE GS-13 GRADE LEVEL.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of one-year probationary period.
- Travel is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Communication Skills
- Organization Skills and Teamwork
- Staff Leadership, Program and Project Management
- Financial Management
- Contracting Officer Tech Rep and Task Order Project Officer
- Policy and Planning
- Systems Analysis
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.