Applicants must meet the specialized experience requirements contained in the qualification standards for general schedule positions:
GS-11 Level: Applicants must have one or more years of specialized experience related to this position. This experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-9 grade level in the Federal Service.
GS-12 Level: Applicants must have one or more years of specialized experience related to this position. This experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service.
Specialized Experience: Experience that includes analyzing the effectiveness of program, policies, or procedures; establishing work plans and timelines for the completion of work tasks; writing technical reports documenting evaluation results and research findings; make recommendations to resolve problems or issues related to the completion of projects and assignments; and overseeing and coordinating administrative support functions.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPEREINCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOU EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
GS-11 Level: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level; or a PhD. or equivalent doctoral degree; or three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in required.
GS-12 Level: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level is required.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to communicate orally on a wide range of technical and administrative matters.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing on a wide range of technical and administrative matters.
Knowledge of administrative management day-to-day operations of an office.
Knowledge of office automation software and equipment.
Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, and manage functional requirements.