Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to
the GS-07 level (in the Federal sector). Specialized experience is experience
that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and ability to
successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line work. Examples of specialized experience include: developing and maintaining logistics aspects and components of operational plans; directs Coast Guard contingency response logistics; provides oversight of and coordinates base operations; and implements a logistics complilance inspection (LCI) program; monitoring, analyzing, and evaluating operational readiness of Selected Reserve (SELRES) personnel; providing oversight, guidance, policy and procedures for exercising military contingency and mobilization plans.
OR at least one of the following if using education to qualify at this grade
(A) Have a master's or equivalent graduate degree; OR
(B) 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education, if related;
(C) A law degree such as an LL.B. or J.D, if related; OR
(D) A combination of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in
or related to the work of this position AND some graduate level education that
provided the specific knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform
the duties of this position and experience. Experience and education
combinations are computed by first determining the total qualifying experience
as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then
determining the total of qualifying education as a percentage of the education
required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total
percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify at that grade level.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using the on-line assessment to place you in one of three categories. The necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform this job are:
1. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
2. Knowledge of theory and principles of management and organization, including administrative practices and procedures common to the administration of the Selected Reserve program.
3. Knowledge of various methods of data gathering and analysis to include but not limited to development and administration of general questionnaires, flowcharting or work processes, organizational design and calculation of means, modes, standard deviations, or similar statistical measures.
4. Skill in conducting interviews with unit representatives to obtain information about training plans, mobilization readiness and resource utilization.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories: To preview questions please click here.
1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
2. Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. Therefore, you must support your responses to the self-assessment questions by providing examples of past and present experience in your resume.
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. For information on veterans' preference, click here.