SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Experience in complex IT project management
EXAMPLES: Managing multiple projects concurrently; leading enterprise-wide change from multiple IT systems to an integrated IT architecture; Expertise in planning, executing, overseeing and reporting on IT projects; marketing, outreach, budget management for successful implementation of IT programs and initiatives; defining systems scope and objectives; collaborating with customers and stakeholders to develop requirements; and developing strategies to resolve project and technical issue
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of IT systems and Project Management to lead the organization's efforts in developing technical solutions to support agency programs.
2. Knowledge of Federal rules and regulations related to IT technology and cybersecurity.
3. Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices including ability to plan short and long range objectives, negotiate project commitments, prepare estimates and assign resources.
4. Ability to develop project plans to implement short and long range goals in order to meet project deadlines and resolve conflicts that may arise; and develop documents based on approved requirements.
5. Ability to manage deliverables and work to verify they stay with scope coordinate project deviations; to determine corrective actions; and to coordinate and document revisions.
6. Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently.
7. Skill in identifying and understanding the business requirements of customer organizations.
9. Knowledge of the IT software lifecycle (design, requirements, development, production, maintenance).
10. Knowledge of cloud computing, including implementation of cloud-based application systems.
11. Ability to communicate orally.
12. Skill in developing written products that convey instructions and technical information to a variety of audiences.
- CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all the requriement described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and elibgibilty requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
There is no educational substitution for specialized experience at the GS-15 level.
Please review the OPM page for information on qualifications: 2210 series
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcements.
Some overnight travel required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Your application will be rated by the system using Category Rating. The quality categories are defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligible’s will be listed at the top of the category.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.