SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Experience in IT project management
EXAMPLES: Manages projects; assists enterprise-wide change from multiple IT systems to an integrated IT architecture; plans, executes, oversees and reports on IT projects; markets, outreach, budget management for successful implementation of IT programs and initiatives; defines systems scope and objectives; collaborates with customers or stakeholders to develop requirements; and develops strategies to resolve project and technical issue.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Project Management: Demonstrated skill in project planning and management, including strategic program planning and evaluation.
2. Skill in accomplishing work through others including making assignments and evaluating work results.
3. Ability to plan, implements, and evaluate results for projects related to improvement of IT programs.
4. Oral communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate orally including negotiating with affected parties such as agency customers or vendors and explaining technical information to a variety of audiences. Work also requires skill in coordinating work efforts, providing clear instructions and expectations, negotiating resolutions to issues, and presenting information to all levels of employees both internally and externally.
5. Planning, analysis, and evaluation of programs, processes, and services
6. Planning and analysis: Applied knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods and analytical skills to evaluate, respond to a broad range of issues, gather and analyze data, perform program or project evaluations, measurement studies, and other program-evaluation related issues.
7. Skill in interpreting and developing policy and procedures related to a variety of programs subject to regulatory compliance, including travel, safety, and security
8. Written Communication: Skill in preparing manuscripts which are explanatory, persuasive, or exploratory in nature for a variety of audiences.
9. Technical Proficiency: Expert level knowledge of IT programs development for a large-scale program involving multiple IT specialties.
10. Planning and analysis: Applied knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods and analytical skills to evaluate, respond to a broad range of issues, gather and analyze data, perform program or project evaluations, measurement studies, and other program-evaluation related issues.
11. Skill in leading strategic planning activities, which include facilitating partnerships to formulate new initiatives, systems and processes, and to address barriers to deploying renewable energy technologies
There is no educational substitution for specialized experience at the GS-14 level.
Please review the OPM page for information on qualifications: 2210 series
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcements.
Some overnight travel required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Your application will be rated by the system using Category Rating. The quality categories are defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligible’s will be listed at the top of the category.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.