Applicants must meet both the basic requirements and minimum qualifications described below:
1. Degree: behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position (Must Submit Transcripts); OR
2. Combination of education and experience -- that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field (Must Submit Transcripts); OR
3. Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
GS-13: Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service that included: working with family assistance social service programs and providing technical guidance in the management of these programs; coordinating services with grantees and/or other agencies at the Federal, State, local or Tribal government levels; and interpreting and applying social services statutes, regulations and operating guidelines.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement required: No
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and moving expenses authorized: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Relocation incentives authorized: No
11. Recruitment incentives authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: Maybe
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates will be assigned to a quality category: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Candidates in the highest category will be referred to the hiring agency.
Application of Veterans' Preference: The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher.)
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
Planning/Evaluating Children and Family Social Service Programs
Federal Social Service Program Laws and Regulations
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions