Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
Multiple similarly categorized positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
The Wichita VA Medical Center is a primary and secondary care facility. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, secondary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, cardiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, hematology and oncology, dentistry, visual impairment, spinal cord dysfunction, prosthetic laboratory, a Community Living Center, and extended care services. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas with a metropolitan population of 500,000. The Medical Center serves Veterans living in 52 counties of the state.
Permanent Change of Station costs, a recruitment/relocation incentive of up to 25%, and/or Appraised Value Offer (formerly Guaranteed Home Buyout) may be authorized.
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- Selectee may be subject to geographic or organizational reassignment/travel
- Public Financial Disclosure Report is required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment