Job Title:Research Manager-American Law
Agency:Library of Congress
Job Announcement Number:130031
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$123,758.00 to $155,500.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, April 01, 2013 to Monday, May 06, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Open - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DCView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks a Research Manager for the Business Section in the American Law Division. CRS provides confidential, nonpartisan, and authoritative legislative research, policy analysis, and information service to the U.S. Congress. Working directly with Members of Congress and congressional committees on public policy issues, CRS staff contribute to an informed national legislature as it considers policy issues of importance to the American people.
The Research Manager leads the Business Section in the development of research and legal analysis relevant to public policy issues before Congress. Issues covered by the section include, but are not limited to: banking, bankruptcy, securities, tax, and procurement/government contracts.
- Ensuring that the work results in objective, authoritative analysis with which the Congress can assess the consequences of legislative/policy options;
- Proactively establishing relationships with committees of jurisdiction, building long-term relationships with clients, and taking initiative to seek out new congressional contacts for CRS;
- Managing congressional requests, concerns, and needs in policy areas within the research management responsibility of the section;
- Collaborating with other managers to ensure an integrative approach to the work by fully identifying significant policy problems facing the Congress, developing legal analytical approaches to address these problems, and applying appropriate resources;
- Managing and supervising legal analysts, including communicating performance standards and expectations to staff, observing staff performance, giving feedback, and assessing performance; and
- Performing special assignments as directed by the Assistant/Deputy Assistant Director.
Candidates with research and research management experience in issues covered by the Business Section, who have strong interpersonal skills, and are capable of leading a highly motivated and talented research staff committed to providing Congress the highest level of nonpartisan, authoritative, objective policy analysis are encouraged to apply.
CRS works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for nearly a century.
CRS is well known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has immediate access to the nation's best thinking on public policy issues of interest to its Members and Committees.
- Applicants must meet BASIC REQUIREMENT listed under QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED