Candidates must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the CG/GS 13 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience providing a framework for IT security architecture including computer/system architectures, application architectures, IT analysis design, and development, personnel and organizational elements, hardware, software and implementation.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position by the closing date to be eligible for this position.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
This vacancy announcement is issued under the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority.
Your application will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, your resume will be evaluated to measure the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Top candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
1. Knowledge in applying information security policies and understanding of information security principles, practices, techniques, and methods.
2. Knowledge in applying performance monitoring principles and methods in the security program areas.
3. Knowledge and skill of security systems, devices, procedures, and policies as they apply to the field of Information Technology (IT).
4. Knowledge in applying analytical methods sufficient to explain facts, data, or other information and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.