Job Title:Student Trainee (Administrative Support Assistant), GS-0399-5/6/7 NF
Agency:National Science Foundation
Job Announcement Number:CISE-2013-0009
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$34,075.00 to $54,875.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, March 29, 2013 to Friday, April 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Part-time. - This is an Internship position under the Pathways Program.|
|FEW vacancies -
Arlington, VA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
NSF students on pathways appointments.
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference? Interested in working in a dynamic, small-agency environment? At NSF, every member of the team contributes to success! That's just one of the reasons why NSF, conveniently located in the heart of Ballston, is one of the best places to work in the federal government. Due to its relatively small number of employees, NSF has a unique feeling of collegiality. It is not uncommon to hear colleagues discuss a wide variety of subjects from our newest work- life initiatives to the latest scientific, engineering, and education developments.
At NSF, you will use your Student Trainee (Administrative Support Assistant) expertise in an exciting, challenging, and team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to use your current skills to help make NSF's vision of the future become reality. NSF also offers a variety of formal and informal learning and development opportunities that you can use to build new skills and advance your career. If you're seeking variety and challenge in a collegial atmosphere, look no further than NSF! More about NSF.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Programs. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
This announcement for a Student Trainee (Administrative Support Assistant):
Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Students can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
- Students typically work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, winter, and spring vacations.
- Students will be on indefinite appointments during their period of eligibility under the Internship Program.
- Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
- The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
- Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern’s eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load;
- Background investigation;
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations--see tab above.
- This position ONLY applies to NSF employees under the Pathways Program.