To qualify for this position, you must have at least:
Basic Education Requirement
A. Completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims.
- OR -
B. Completed at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: Transcripts (unofficial copies) must be provided to support your educational claims.
*** In addition to meeting the Basic Education Requirement, you must also have specialized experience and/or education as described below.
Have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, obtained in either the public or private sectors. This experience must include activities such as: 1) conducting pre-award and post-award functions including price/cost analysis, negotiation, and administration to procure supplies or services for medical or facility equipment, medical/surgical supplies, and medical services, or construction; 2) deciding on the method of contracting, milestones, and procurement plan; 3) preparing solicitation documents; 4) preparing and conducting pre-proposals conferences or pre-solicitation site visits; and 5) monitoring contract performance and negotiating contract modifications.
Exceptions to the Qualification Requirements for the GS-1102-13:
All Federal employees in GS-1102 positions who have continuously encumbered GS-1102 positions are considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy GS-1102 positions at Grade 13 will be considered to have met the standard for other GS-1102 positions at their same grade, including positions at other agencies. To qualify for promotion to a higher grade, the basic and specialized experience requirements must be met.
***Quality Ranking Factor:
For this position a Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level II is required. Possession of the certification at Level II or III will be used as a Quality Ranking Factor. Although candidates that do not have the required level of certification will not be screened from consideration, candidates that do have it are more likely to be referred to the hiring agency in the Best Qualified Category. If you have a FAC-C Level II or III certificate, please submit it with your application documents.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Transcripts are required for this position: You ARE required to submit transcripts (unofficial) at the time of application to verify that you meet the basic educational requirement, and if you are using education for substitution of education for experience. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
· Background investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
· Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
· Time in Grade (TIG): Status (merit promotion) candidates must submit a SF-50 (notification of personnel action) that demonstrates serving 52 weeks at the next lower level and includes your name, position title, pay plan, series, grade, tenure, position occupied, agency, etc. It must also show competitive service and permanent or conditional appointment or- that you are from an agency with an interchange agreement. You must meet time-in-grade requirements in order to be considered. There may be situations where more than one SF-50 in needed to verify time-in-grade requirements, as well as, eligibility for consideration.
· Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
· Telework may be available for this position.
· A compressed work schedule (CWS) may be available for this position. A CWS is a fixed work schedule that enables full-time employees to complete the basic 80-hour biweekly work requirement in less than 10 workdays. An example for a 10-day period may be working 8 days x 9 hours and 1 day x 8 hours.
· Quality Ranking Factor: For this position a Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level II is required. Possession of the certification at Level II or III will be used as a Quality Ranking Factor. Although candidates that do not have the required level of certification will not be screened from consideration, candidates that do have it are more likely to be referred to the hiring agency in the Best Qualified Category. If you have a FAC-C Level II or III certificate, please submit it with your application documents.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· Acquisition Regulations
· Acquisition Strategy
· Oral Communication/Negotiation
· Written Communication
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.